The school social work services
Our social education workers at Wegweiser e.V. work in different schools in the district of Leipzig. School social work is a separated area within the child and youth welfare sector of the school system, providing children, young people, teachers and parents with advice and support.
We offer help in coping with everyday life and conflicts, especially in the following areas:
- Difficulties at school
- Drug problems
- Experience of violence
- Difficulties in the family
- Psychosocial problems
- Media addiction
- Social learning in the classroom
- Group work on specific topics
The principles of school social work
- Our work is based on prevention, support and crisis intervention in socio-educational matters throughout the school system.
- We maintain links with schools, the youth welfare service, social services, associations and public authorities.
- We are guided by the principles of voluntariness, confidentiality and data privacy.